Advance environmental, social and economic benefits to communities around the world by supporting practices and technologies that promote improved farmer livelihoods and agricultural resiliency.
- Achieve 100% sustainably sourced* potato, whole corn, oats, oranges, palm oil and sugar cane by 2020
- Achieve sustainably sourced priority raw materials based on business needs by 2025
*Sustainably sourced" refers to meeting the independently verified Social, Environmental and Economic principles of PepsiCo’s Sustainable Farming Program, enabling best practices and positive outcomes for farmers, communities and the planet.
Drive water security to assure business continuity while positively contributing to
- In high water-risk areas, by 2025:
- Improve water use efficiency by 15% in our agricultural supply chain (focused on corn & potatoes)
- Improve operational water use efficiency by 25%
- Replenish 100% of the water we consume in manufacturing operations
- Adopt the Alliance for Water Stewardship standard as our vehicle for water advocacy
- Deliver safe water access to 25 million people by 2025
Fundamentally change the way consumers interact with our packaging to deliver our vision of
a world where plastics need never become waste.
- Design 100% of packaging to be recyclable, compostable or biodegradable by 2025
- Increase recycled content in our plastics packaging to 25% by 2025
- Reduce 35% of virgin plastic use across our beverage portfolio by 2025
- Invest to increase recycling rates in key markets by 2025
Reduce added sugars, sodium, and saturated fats.
- Reduce Added Sugars: ≥67% of beverage portfolio will have ≤100 Calories from added sugars per 12oz. serving by 2025.
- Reduce Sodium: ≥75% of foods portfolio will not exceed 1.3 milligrams of sodium per Calorie by 2025.
- Reduce Saturated Fat: ≥75% of foods portfolio will not exceed 1.1 grams of saturated fat per 100 Calories by 2025.
Do our part to curb climate change by reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across our value chain.
- Reduce absolute GHG emissions across PepsiCo's value chain by 20% by 2030.
Advance respect for human rights by using PepsiCo's capabilities and scale.
- Drive fair and safe working conditions throughout our value chain and address our most salient
human rights issues (i.e., Freedom of Association, Human Right to Water, Land Rights,
Vulnerable Worker Groups, Working Hours and Wages, and Workplace Safety)
- Extend the principles of our Supplier Code of Conduct to all of our franchisees and joint ventures by 2025.
Promote a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Achieve gender parity by 2025 in management roles.
- Sustain our pay equity program
- Increase the earnings potential of women to drive economic growth and increase food
- Invest $100 million by 2025 to provide 12.5 million women with essential resources for
workforce readiness and in programs that empower women in the food system and farming